Pages

2/24/15

The singles' Candy

Some time ago Scarlett Johansson announced that she had a new music project named The One and Only Singles–though now it's only The Singles. I really like when Scarlett does music, her duet album with Pete Yorn is one of my faves (they totally have to do another one together) and her debut cd, the Tom Waits' cover album 'Anywhere I Lay My Head', is incredibly underrated. So, when the news came out of this new girl band ala The Go-Go's i was excited but a bit skeptical (i always am with her projects) but once again i was proven wrong.

Produced by TV on the Radio's Dave Sitek, who also produced 'Anywhere I Lay My Head', Johansson has teamed up with Haim's drummer Este (FUCK YEAH), Holly Miranda, Kendra Morris and Julia Haltigan and the first single 'Candy' sounds really catchy and fun, really good. I love girlbands so i'm really looking forward to hear more but in the meantime, you can listen to the first single below:


sources: nylon & youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment